Re: [Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

Re: [Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

Thanks Matt for confirming the need for a lubricant.

I pulled that seal and noted the sawdust-like
absorbent in the well, which is what the Corvette
website referenced.  I cleaned the area and replaced
that absorbent with a piece of gun cleaning patch cut
to fit, and soaked it with DuraLube oil.  I'm waiting
to get some dry lubricant for the advance plate now
and then I'll put in a new set of points and
condenser.

Joe Fulton