[Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

[Amc-list] Cleaning up a delco Distributor

I'm getting the auxilliary parts ready while I'm
waiting for the rear main seal and another part for my
195.6 oHV engine.  It's a 1965 model.  What Delco
distributor number is appropriate for this engine?   I
have two distributors and both will fit the engine
(one from the engine before rebuild and one from
another OHV 195.6). I just wondered what Delco number
is correct since I don't have a 65 TSM, but I do have
the 64 and 66 versions.

In the top of the distributor housing where the shaft
exits the housing there is a lubricant well which
should be covered by a seal.  What lubricant is
appropriate for this part of the distributor?  A
Corvette site (I know, lots of similarity) specifies a
small piece of oil soaked gauze.  On later Delco
distributors I think there was an oil impregnated
piece of felt in this area.

Regards,
Joe Fulton