[Amc-list] cannot install the drum on rear

[Amc-list] cannot install the drum on rear

I'm having a hard time fitting the rear drum up on my rear left wheel.  I changed out the Brake Cylinder and she won't budge and slip on.  THe parking brake is off.  I only did one tire at a time.  I did the left rear tire.  It took a while to beat it off with a rubber mallet.  Any suggestions?  MY tech service manual issn't helpingme out.  Thanks.  Jayson