Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:44:07 -0500
From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] building my 70' javelin
To: <gbodydude@xxxxxxxxx>,    "AMC/Rambler owners,drivers and fans."
    <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am thinking about going after the MSD pro billet distributor and a  6AL
box for my Javelin.
I bought a Mallory dual point distributor for it back in the middle to late
70s. When the cap on the distributor began to fail I had to doctor it rather
than get a replacement because Mallory doesn't make caps for the distributor
any more. My suggestion is run as fast as you can away from Mallory. I know
it's an old product but c'mon how can they not support something like that,
how tuff can it be to make a batch of distributor caps every so
often.........
Media blasting is good. Heard lots of good things about soda blasting, so
far I have been using chemical paint removers and doing panels individually.
I'm not yet convinced that using chemicals on the main body id good. It's
very important to completely neutralize the chemicals when done stripping
and protect the metal from corrosion. Media blasting removes the need for
neutralizing, but it does seem to leave all the nooks and crannies with
media falling out of them for years afterwards. If that's not a problem with
you I think media blasting would do you just fine. Protect the exposed metal
immediately. Epoxy primer rocks !!!!!!
Armand