Re: [Amc-list] Distributor issues

I can't believe some one thinks points are better then electronic ignition. This person must be in his 60's and uses what he knows.
   The MSD Billet distributor is one of if not the best thing you can get for your ignition. Without proper spark you will not be able to us the HP you are capable of getting.
   Valve trane makes hp? roller rockers give more HP over stock but what else makes HP?  Oversimplified,Cams tell the engine where to put the HP not  make HP.
   points were good technology in the 70's I think we are beyont that now. You wouldn't find anyone with a 500 HP anything running points these days.

amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  MSD6AL yes, Billet dist is waste of $$$. Tried them all over the years. Best bang for the buck, stock dist, curve kit, good points & wires, msd6al, good coil. Put the money in the valve train it makes the hp.

amxron
70 AMX
70 Hornet
78 FSJ Wagoneer