Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Re: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway

Not a big drumbrake fan.
A quick note
Be careful of backing the brakes off too far.
When the brakes are too loose they can grab and twist [or is it twist and grab?]
Anyway too loose can actualy increase the pull due to them "grabbing" when the brakes are initialy applied.
I usualy fully inspect the adjusting mechanisms and carefuly adjust the brakes to get the same amount of drag.
If the drums went on a seperate times I would not panic till the newest one has some miles on it to break it in.

That being said I have had some real PIA moments trying to get a pull out of a drum brake setup.

That is one reason one of the first things I do is ditch them.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>