From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Dang left-braking car, anyway
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Okay. New drums are on. Where are we at? New brake shoes, new brake
springs, new adjusters, new wheel cylinders, new brake hoses, new
master cylinder. Both rear drums resurfaced. Both front drums
replaced. Replaced bearings on the passenger side while I was at it.

Adjusted the brakes until they dragged just a little bit against the
drum. Backed it up a bunch of times, hitting the brakes to adjust
them. Drove around the neighborhood, took my hands off the steering
wheel, hit the brakes, the car hung a left. Pulled hard to the left at
speed. Running out of things to check.

I haven't replaced the T adapter (or whatever it's called) that runs
one brake line to the left and the other to the right. Also haven't
replaced the brake lines. I'll start eyeballing them for any crimps. I
know the brakes work - I put the car up on stands, turned the wheel by
hand and had a kid hit the brakes. Both front brakes work - just the
left has more stopping power than the right.

I'm going to back it up a bunch more, hitting the brakes - but I don't
think that's going to do the trick. Come to think of it - I'm just
guessing that the problem is in the front.