Re: [Amc-list] OT:Follow the directions

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:

> shop for the 195.6 OHV engine I am building.  The
> machinist had requested that I bring the rods in
> because of the previous poor machine work on the crank
> (by some other shop).   He wanted to make sure that I
> would have the basis for a good build.  I had taken
> only five rods to him because I thought he had checked
> the sixth rod when he installed the new piston to
> replace one I damaged in removing the rings.
>
> All systems are now GO for the engine build.  I can
> get back to AMC projects.

Good to hear!

Yeah, beat-up parts seems even more common anything near an early
American. The few 'big cars' from that era I run across dont'
seem so hammered on. Maybe that's just the random distributio
of luck, or maybe the americans got driven more or treated
worse because they were economy cars.