Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 08:46:26 -0400
From: "Clifton  Danley" <am401@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Oil Weights
To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Frank, Nick, and others:

I have a 401 Spirit drag car which does see some street time, and I run
15W-50 Mobil 1. Recently I gave a ride to a friend who happens to be an
experienced AMC V-8 builder, someone whose judgement I thoroughly trust. He
saw my oil pressure and said to change to 10W-40 (he thought it was too
high). It never goes below 40 PSI (mechanical gauge). I have the Milodon
sump with external lines to the oil pump. I plan to switch to diesel 15W-40,
both reducing the viscosity and getting the additives only found in diesel
oil now. Comments?

Cliff Danley
Jacksonville, Florida