Re: [Amc-list] Oil Weights

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Nick ALFANO wrote:

> Cliff,
>
> It really depends on the clearance you have in your engine.
> If you built it a little loose for racing, then stick with the
> 50 weight.

Nick, could you define "tight" and "loose" here?

I'm about to rebuild a six for my Classic, and since ZDDP is
gone from the thinner oils, and soon to leave the diesel oils,
do you think it's sensible to intentionally make things on
the loose side with the hope that "specialty" oils like 15W-50
Mobil1 will continue to exist?