[Amc-list] Removing hub from drum - press, hammer or replace

[Amc-list] Removing hub from drum - press, hammer or replace

ok, when i did my mustang disk brake swap onto my
stock hubs, i had a hard time getting my hubs off the
drum also. heres what worked SO easy for me....

put the lug nuts on the studs till the end of the nut
is flush with the end of the stud. smack the pi$$ out
of them till they fall out, take the nuts off and they
will fall out. then, the center ring of the hub has
probably rusted to the drum like mine did. no problem
for a rosebud on an oxy/acetelene torch. once you get
it nice and red, one of mine just fell out without
touching it, the other, i had a 5lb hand sledge, and
just barely tapped it, and it popped right out.

this was after the 12 ton press i was using could not
press them out. was bending the center of the drum
down. heat, and no studs, popped right off without no
problems. when i say tapped with the sledge, i mean
just TAPPED from like 4" above the hub center....

thats what i suggest to do if you have access to a torch.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules