Re: [Amc-list] Removing hub from drum - press, hammer or replace

Re: [Amc-list] Removing hub from drum - press, hammer or replace

Originals are swaged.
 No need to swage replacements, the factory did it to retain the drums on the line I guess.
I've removed drums by taking a large hammer and driving the studs out.
I've also used a press.
I can't recall ever damaging a hub either way.
It's best to use new studs, but again I've reused the originals and not had any issues at all as long as I did not whack the threads up driving out the studs!
  The shops near you sure sound greedy.
Shame on them.
  At the $92 price you're darn close to being able to buy your own 12 ton press and do it yourself and keep the press!
Geez!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV