Re: [Amc-list] t86f/r10

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" i had sent a message to the seller, asking what model
" trans it was. he emailed me back saying it is a
" t86f/r10. he also has the bellhousing, flywheel, and
" clutch. if i was to get all of this, will it fairly
" easily bolt into my 62 classic? i know the bellhousing
" will not have the mounts like my current one. and i
" will have to put a cross member for the trans. will i
" be able to still be strong enough for the t-tube to
" push on it? would be nice if it will just go right
" into my bellhousing currently in use.

it's hard to tell from the pic if the top cover has 4 bolts [t96] or 6
[t86].  the '66 classic was also a tt car, so it has to be strong
enough.

from all i've read, a t86 will not fit the t96 bell; it has a long 1
1/8" input shaft like the t89 and t10, and the bolt pattern while
similar to the t96 rectangle is slightly off.  and the bearing
retainer is larger...

this is the tranny frank was looking for, for his '63 classic / 4.0
swap, before he gave up and went automatic.  he would've needed a
'67-'74 v8 bell though.