Re: [Amc-list] "Transmission" rebuild... yeah right!

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Frank Swygert wrote:

> The counter guy was/is an idiot! The u-joint is the same used on Mustangs and Falcons with sixes, and I wouldn't be surprised if used on Mavericks and everything else with the 200 six. Ford 250 sixes might use a bigger one.

Yeah, I got 'em OK. But the part listed on their website,
and electronic catalogs, is plain old Wrong. Totally wrong not
even close.

But there's a great counter guy there who saved the day. He
doesn't know Ramblers per se but he's got a great memory
and always work out a solution... this older, greying,
grouchy-seeming Jamaican guy with an Oxford accent, slightly
crusty and always bothered-looking, but dry funny. Wrong,
part, he scowls, doesn't even look at the old one I brought,
and comes back with the right part, first thing.

Part number is on the box, I'll x-ref it and post the correct
part.