[Amc-list] GRRR 196 HEADGASKET AGAIN

I?d call these guys and see if they could make you a solid copper
gasket.
http://www.headgasket.com/products.html

Call ARP and see if they could offer any fastener advice.

I cured my Honda gasket problems by first machining the block flat. Then
I machine the remainder of the block around the fire ring area .002-.003
lower. That lets the area that the fire ring sets on stand above the
rest of the block causing it to compress the gasket tighter there. Poor
man?s O-ring if you will.

I always release my bolts about ¼ turn before re-torque (non torque to
yield). If you don?t you won?t be able to tell if the bolt is stuck in
the threads.

But HEY,,, that?s just me!
Bruce Hevner