[Amc-list] GRRR 196 HEADGASKET AGAIN

so, does anyone know off top of their head the size
bolt for the 196 head? my casper is sitting 45 miles
the WRONG way, and i am going to town in the morning.
will order new head gasket, and if anyone can tell me
the right bolts and how many, i forget now, i will get
them then. if not, when i get my head off, i will take
it in to the machine shop to have it checked. how much
can i shave off for a little boost in compression also
and still have valve clearance? if i shave it, i might
as well try to make some sort of improvement eh?? or
would that be a bad juju thing to do??

i have advanced the timing about 5* or so on it, but
it usually dont run hot. i have a 180 t-stat in it,
and thats where it runs. i have a 3 core rad from a
j3000 in it. it got a new water pump when i first got
it.

also another reason im sure it is head gasket. after i
started it back up when i got back to it with more
water, it was still about 120 or so, outside temp was
about 25, and it had a BUNCH of steam coming out of
the tail pipe, and the ground was soaked under the
tail pipe. it shouldnt have been that bad under normal
conditions. i think this is a sign i need to start
buying parts for my 304 build...

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules