Re: [Amc-list] In Vermont and NewHampshire, this is a definition of 'jun

Re: [Amc-list] In Vermont and NewHampshire, this is a definition of 'junkyard'; read this carefully and be frightened! (I am!)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:

> Anyway, i wouldn't think that a few cars would be a
> big threat to groundwater pollution, which is what the
> regulators are pointing to in those regulations.
> Except for the fact that MTBE can be in spilled gas
> and that stuff just loves water.

Yeah, working assumption that it's "well meaning, but wrong"
is probably a more functional approach.

The old style yard where juices got drained onto the ground
-- well that is a bad thing, hobbiest or not -- fine. The
legislators might not be aware of hobbiests! A "dumping fluids
is illegal" with teeth to it would be better. A minor spill
in your yard wouldn't matter much, but an old style yard could
get killed in fines. Tough luck, it's 2008!