Re: [Amc-list] GEN I AMC V8 HEI ????

 Hi Rick,
  Thanks for getting back to me on the Gen I distributor for AMC V8's ... and for looking into this for us.  Have a great weekend!

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><
  Oxford, MI

Engine Builder <enginebuilder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Greg,Sorry I cannot be of help on this,The one AMC distributor I offer is already done except for the testing and curve set up when I get it.I'm mainly a starter guy.I will look into this for you and if I find something out I will let you know.Rick

  On 3/28/08, Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Guys,
  I will CC this email to Rick, the guy I bought my AMC Gen II V8 HEI from.  Perhaps he might be able to take a Gen I factory distributor and measure it to modify another GM-type distributor.

  FYI, the GEN I AMC/Rambler distributor is on the back of the engine, like a Chevy.

  NOTE TO RICK:  Would it be possible to review the AMC 250-287-327 Gen I distributor to see if another GM HEI could be modified to fit?  Thanks,

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><
  Oxford, MI

Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  There might be a base that's close, you have Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc. to choose from, but I don't know of any that would drop right in. I've got Datsun's books, but don't recall anything about converting an HEI for the GEN-1 AMC V-8. The books aren't indexed/organized in any searchable way, but I just looked through the GEN-1 V-8 book and found nothing about ignition at all.

How different is the distributor body from the GEN-2/3 V-8? If the later AMC V-8 distributor will fit you could go the TFI route using a late model AMC Motorcraft distro...

---------------
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:17:09 -0400
From: Wayne E LaMothe

OK, I know I can go with a Petronix but I really like the idea of finding
an HEI setup for my 66 Ambo with the 327. I can not seem to find any
crossover like the 250 truck engine for the 6 bangers. Anybody know of
an HEI base that can be readily adapted to the GEN I motors?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"