Re: [Amc-list] T-14 adding overdrive

re: force-fit OD onto T-14

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " Or, find
> " * a T-14+OD main casting. Part number is in the AMC parts catalog.
>
> is it available?
>
> " * Buy a T-14 OD output shaft and bearing. Part number is in the AMC
> " * parts catalog.
>
> is the shaft available?

I have no idea.

I mean, it ain't done til it's done. There could be another subtlety in
the way, but there is a clean delineaion between the two units, EXCEPT
that shaft and the OD lockout biz.

A careful go-through of the parts catalog would reveal some of the
details. Northwest Transmission might have the parts, or be able to
help.

I'm going ahead with the T-96. It fits, it runs, it'll last a long
while. But an OD T14 would be super-sweet here since so fwe things fit
anyways.