[Amc-list] Tyres (Tires) and maybe wheels

[Amc-list] Tyres (Tires) and maybe wheels

My '68 Rebel SST convertible (290 auto)  passed it's MOT test  (annual
inspection)  last  week so I'm street legal for another year.  Firstly a big
thank you to Frank S and others who offered help on the new disk brakes I
fitted - I couldn't have done it without you.  There was a wobble from the
front (I asked about it before).  SInce I have now replaced the hubs, all
inner and outer tie rods and the drag link I hoped the wobble would be
cured.  It wasn't and I've now found that all 4 tyres are mishapen which I
am now sure is the cause (I had this once before on a VW).  The car has 14"
steel wheels which as far as I know are the stock ones - the tyres are
radials - 205 R 14.  I was wondering about going back to the original
crossply (bias ply) tyres - or slimmer  radials, or  maybe a set  of mag
wheels of some kind.

What's anyone else using ?

Regards John E

http://www.rhdrebel.blogspot.com/