Re: [Amc-list] SoCal Rambler club?

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:

> I think he might be still in the area, but he did sell
> out.  The Rambler parts guys out in the desert (AZ?
> CA?) bought most of his sheet metal and they really
> marked up the prices.  I think Bob P. is still trying
> to sell an NOS 195.6 OHV cylinder head on Ebay.

I wish we had the critical mass to pull something together
for semi-regular meets. I think part of AMCers problems in
this way are due to the split of performance vs. econo-boxes,
which immediately chops us into two smaller masses.

There's a lot of non-performance AMCs; I mean it WAS their
bread and butter! And no offense, but most of the performance
AMCers are gen2 V8 only, in a very narrow range of cars, and
don't really care about slow-boat sixes or oddball 4-doors.

I'm not judging anybody; I have my biases too. But AMCs oddball,
mixed-up nature kinda works against us here :-)