Re: [Amc-list] SoCal Rambler club?

I think it wound down and stopped existing, Mike Kozicki ran
out of energy or something and no one picked up the ball. I
went to one meet in 1997? or so... too bad for us!

There's the Socal AMX club, but they're pretty much... all AMX
all the time. Friendly though, but utterly uninterested in us
little sixes.

Then there was an attempt about two years ago for another
all-AMC group, it fizzled, I can't recall any details. We met
about 3? times.

The problem -- as I see it, but beware, I'm, dain bramaged --
is not apathy, but sheer numbers. On any given weekend only some
percentage of possible-AMC-owners/fans can show up (especially
given that "Los Angeles" is 100 miles long), so that small
percentage needs to be a big enough NUMBER to be interesting
always. When only 6, 7, 10 show, it's not enough to sustain.

Corvette people, or whatever, there's 10,000 vettes in So Cal,
so if even 1% shows up that's 100. I doubt there's even 1000
AMCs on the road in all of So Cal, 1% of that is 10.

Something like that. THat plus $4 buys you coffee at Starbucks.