[Amc-list] interesting sites today

well, stopped at an "antique motors" today. had a lot
of JUNK!! but some real nice sites. had a 67 rebel
wagon 232 manual/od. a 58 american, a 56 statesman, a
57 statesman, and a 58 sutde PRESIDENTIAL. the 56
statesman had flat head 196/man/od. but the real neat
thing, i never seen a 2 bbl head for a flat head 6.
anyone interested? have to buy the whole car tho. the
67 rebel, i was interested in that, IF some things
will interchange. its a 232 man w/od. will that trans,
od, and rear end work on my 62 classic with the 196? i
know its an open drive, while i have the torque tube.
but can i use the rear link system, and fit it to my
62 classic? if i can, that would be nice to do, so i
can work out the bugs on the open/modified rear
suspension for when i do my 304/t5. now for the
coolest thing.

58 stude presidential. high performance v8. not sure
what it was. looked similar to the 287/327, but it had
extra bolts on the center of the valve cover. did they
use the 327?? or did they have their own then? it was
a 4 bbl motor. power steering, power brakes, electric
wipers. 3.91 rear gears. dual exhuast. someone at one
time had started a resto on it, and gave up. guy wants
$2000 for it as it sits now. needs painted. lot of
surface rust. body is strait and i only saw 2 small
spots of rust on it. drivers window was the only one
that would need replaced. once again, i got to
thinking..... and dreaming.... anyway. had some nice
amcs and a stude there. i was suprised. i thought they
(like most other people) would laugh when i said "im
lookin for anything rambler".

if anyone is interested in anything, let me know.
also, that rebel has electric wipers. will those be
hard to fit to my vac wipers?

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules