---------------------------
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:48:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tom,
   I have no experience with the new thin oils. I have always used the old Dino style 20-50 or 10W 40. But I too have read that the new light weight oils are for the new tighter engines of today. I would tend to agree.
   Ways to cut down on the drag of suspended oil is to use 5w 40 or 10W40 and using a crank scraper really helps as well.  The serious racers (drag) use the lightest oil possible to get every last bit of power. But they also tear the whole engine down after every run and freshen the motor.
   Davis

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"