Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list]
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" Maybe the OHC six was trashed, threw a rod or something? Then changing
" the engine would make some sense -- an AMC six might have been a
" "better" choice, but it still wouldn't be much of a Torino without the
" original engine. A Kaiser version could have been located with a
" little effort, and is the same as the early Torino engine. It was 72
" or 74 that IKA redesigned the block for seven mains.

judging by his junkyard comment he knows [or thinks he does] where he
can get them for $50 and doesn't think much of them.