Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Brake drums 63 american

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Brake drums 63 american

$37 bucks for the rear drums at rock auto seem pretty inexpenseive, even $57 for the better ones don't seem bad at all,  wonder what the real difference it.-but they show nothing for the fronts, so are front drums unobtainable for most ramblers in the 60's. They show front drums for the 63 classic at a reasonalbe price, are they that different?
Just curious.

Attached Message

Joe Smith <know_ware@xxxxxxxxx>

[Amc-list] brake drums

Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys, sorry to ask a question that I know has been asked, but I can't find
he answer in the forum.
My 63 American didn't pass a brake inspection because 3 of the 4 drums are too
hin.  Where can I get good ones, either new or used.  Bruce Gasser has a lot of
rums, but none of them would pass, from what the inspector told me.  Oh, and
or what its worth, Bruce has a 60 American 2 dr Deluxe that I would have bought
f I had run across it first.  Its sweet.
This is stamped on the passing drum.  SD11 (or 8D11, I couldn't tell for sure),
.06 DIA MAX, WF2 212233-G.
Thanks,
oe

Attached Message

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans. <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [Amc-list] brake drums

Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Joe Smith wrote:
> At Rock Auto, they are on the catalog, but not available.
 (it says in red that the order may be delayed 38 days!)
 Total Price $125.08
Wow! Well I got mine there for like $40 each in cluding
hipping, from stock! Wow, that's a bad change for such a short
eriod... musta been stock laying around now sold.
Personally, I'd spring for four new drums, that way you can
ust not worry about them for a long time. Keep that other one
s a spare or whatever. But it is a buncha bucks at those prices.
I'm thinking I will later this year explore the Scarebird
dapters for the 63 AMerican, and put those 10x1.75 drums out
ack. THAT! will be enough brake!

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".