Re: [Amc-list] ZDDP Mobil Oil List

" From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Shell makes a "lay up" oil.  I think it's an Aeroshell
" brand made for piston aircraft engines which get
" stored over the winter time especially in the frigid
" parts of the world.  You might try to contact a Shell
" distributor and get the price and ordering
" information.  Note that if it is an Aeroshell you will
" have to leave you Rambler mentality at home in the
" garage before you order it.  :)
"
" The disadvantage I think is that it is intended for
" "running" engines and not for storage on a stand where
" the engine can't be run.  The oil is added at the last
" regular oil change before storage and the engine is
" warmed up at least one, allowing the storage additives
" to contact and cling to the metal parts.

just found
http://www.shell.com/home/content/aviation-en/aeroshell_site/home_page.html
maybe you're thinking of 'AeroShell® Fluid 2F', which doesn't sound
like a conventionally usable oil --
http://www.shell.com/home/content/aviation-en/aeroshell_site/how_to_use_2f.html
100w?!?  and it specifically says you're not to run the engine on it
for any extended time.  their 'regular' oils are at
http://www.shell.com/home/content/aviation-en/productservice/aeroshelllubricants/pistonengineoils/dir_pistonengineoils_10190913.html

nick's military-grade stuff sounds more like something you can drive
on.