Re: [Amc-list] ZDDP Mobil Oil List

Shell makes a "lay up" oil.  I think it's an Aeroshell
brand made for piston aircraft engines which get
stored over the winter time especially in the frigid
parts of the world.  You might try to contact a Shell
distributor and get the price and ordering
information.  Note that if it is an Aeroshell you will
have to leave you Rambler mentality at home in the
garage before you order it.  :)

The disadvantage I think is that it is intended for
"running" engines and not for storage on a stand where
the engine can't be run.  The oil is added at the last
regular oil change before storage and the engine is
warmed up at least one, allowing the storage additives
to contact and cling to the metal parts.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

I have concerns about my 343, I have dynoes