Re: [Amc-list] Opening the glovebox

I just bump the button (ala "tha Fonz") and they pop open every time for me (unless something is stuck in the catch)

From: hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] Opening the glovebox
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The glovebox design that AMC used is awful, at least if you have the little button that you push in to pop the glovebox door open.  None of my AMCs of that era (I have 4 '62s and a couple '59s) work very well.  If you figure out a fix, let me know!  In the meantime, I usually push the button in, then stick something like a credit card or over the lip of the door, then pull it back as I'm holding the button in with my thumb.

- Justin