Re: [Amc-list] six flywheel - 5/6 Speed Richmond

Re: [Amc-list] six flywheel - 5/6 Speed Richmond

" From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I sold my Doug Nash (AKA RICHMOND) 4+1 5-speed to Rick Jones here in
" Michigan.  Mine was a Ford 428 or 429 DN unit.  Rick was able to
" completely mate it up to an AMC bell housing and use a special pilot
" bushing that fit the AMC crank and Ford input shaft diameter.
"
"   I'll email Rick and see if he has a write up on it.

that would be a late '70s t150 or '80s t176 bell.  both trannies are
ford toploaders and the t150 still has a ford input shaft.  but those
bells fit v8s and '72-up sixes and won't help tom with his '60s six.

rick should've been able to use a stock t150 pilot bushing.

fyi the t150 is such a completely stock toploader, a short shaft 4sp -
the most common sort - like from a mustang is a straight swap; length,
bolt pattern, and splines [if it isn't from a big block].