Re: [Amc-list] Was Parts Availability Now 63 Rambler Clutch

Re: [Amc-list] Was Parts Availability Now 63 Rambler Clutch

<snip>
> I hadn't thought of getting it rebuilt locally! TOmorrow I
> make the final calls. Kanter's is now fall back, they have it,
> that's that.
>
> I ought to call the Volvo places, since it's a fairly common
> clutch for 1800, 240, 140, etc cars. (I can see owning those
> Volvos... nice cars, and very American-ish, they share a lot
> of parts (brakes, heater stuff, etc) with AMC).
</snip>

Tom,

If you go the Volvo route, Swedish Treasures
(http://www.swedishtreasures.com/) seems to be a good company to deal
with. Besides sharing clutch parts, Volvo also used 9" Wagner drum
brakes (with different self adjuster hardware) on the same models you
listed and this is the place I got my hold-down hardware and return
springs from.

As an aside, Volvo still sells the hold down hardware for these brakes
but based on what I read when I was doing brake research it's an
"improved" design that really isn't.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx