Re: [Amc-list] Was Parts Availability Now 63 Rambler Clutch

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008, Mr. AMC wrote:

> Tom I have to go by next week and I will check on the
> clutch. But if it is available there is probably a core
> charge. On another note if you can lay the car up for a while
> since you have your Hornet why not see if yours cannot be
> rebuilt locally and save all the shipping costs.

I hadn't thought of getting it rebuilt locally! TOmorrow I
make the final calls. Kanter's is now fall back, they have it,
that's that.

I ought to call the Volvo places, since it's a fairly common
clutch for 1800, 240, 140, etc cars. (I can see owning those
Volvos... nice cars, and very American-ish, they share a lot
of parts (brakes, heater stuff, etc) with AMC).

My pressure plate has cracks, and it's 8.5".

> told the place get me a clutch I could not break and they
> did. Unfortunately  when my foot accidentally slipped off the
> clutch when the car was in gear stopped at a light it broke
> the rear yoke.

...which is another reason to stick with a stock 8.5"
clutch...! Nash designed this car, and I trust 'em.