Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232 1-bbl

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I was wondering because I know the OHC 6 came with 2bbl.

yeah; i don't think the tornado ever had a 1bbl version - but then
unlike most inline sixes, it wasn't the low end offering.

the poncho had both 1bbl and 4bbl, and an interesting little know fact
- the 1bbl cam was actually the more radical of the two.  even with a
milder cam, the 4bbl still made 50hp more.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" "
" "
" "
" " From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
" " (snip)
" " >first off --
" " there were no factory 2bbl sixes '71-5.
" "
" " A: Was this true of just AMC cars? I've seen several CJs, DJs and FSJs with 2 bbl 6 cyls in the early 70s (doesn't mean they weren't swapped in)
"
" afaik across the board; only 1bbl sixes those years.  also afaik jeep
" never used the '65-'70 2bbl setup.