Re: [Amc-list] Oil Filters for Americans

Re: [Amc-list] Oil Filters for Americans

I buy most any filter that does not match Joe Smith's discription!!!
I put one of dem damn filters on my 96 Jeep and it leaked at the seal.
Put on a puralator, no leak, next time I grabbed damn filter again.
It too leaked!
Back to puralator. never leaked again!
I read a website that the guy had dissected a whole bunch of filters.
don't recal which was best in his opinion, but the puralotor pure one was "ok" cept for a string they tied around it.
When I buy that's what I buy, never had an issue with one.
 I must admit to surrendering the oil change duties to shops these last two years.
Not glad of it, but just can't deal with it right now.
  Though I plan on this WJ being my "keeper", so at 40K I want to try it on redline just to see what if any mpg difference it makes.
   The dealer stated they used synthetic axle lubes when the serviced it at 36K, so I want to try adding the engine oil in to see if it makes any difference at all.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>