Re: [Amc-list] Oil Filters for Americans

Re: [Amc-list] Oil Filters for Americans

Mark,

I haven't seen a different in MPG on anything I've run synthetic in. I
have noticed idle quality improvements and slightly quieter engines. The
big plus for me was the extended oil change intervals.

Matt

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I buy most any filter that does not match Joe Smith's discription!!!
> I put one of dem damn filters on my 96 Jeep and it leaked at the seal.
> Put on a puralator, no leak, next time I grabbed damn filter again.
> It too leaked!
> Back to puralator. never leaked again!
> I read a website that the guy had dissected a whole bunch of filters.
> don't recal which was best in his opinion, but the puralotor pure one was "ok" cept for a string they tied around it.
> When I buy that's what I buy, never had an issue with one.
>  I must admit to surrendering the oil change duties to shops these last two years.
> Not glad of it, but just can't deal with it right now.
>   Though I plan on this WJ being my "keeper", so at 40K I want to try it on redline just to see what if any mpg difference it makes.
>    The dealer stated they used synthetic axle lubes when the serviced it at 36K, so I want to try adding the engine oil in to see if it makes any difference at all.
>

> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, Quadratrc II
> " Chronic Pain Hurts"

> From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Joe Smith wrote:
>>
>>> What is the best oil filter brand for Americans (I have a 63) if they are not
>> supposed to be orange and rhyme with damn?
>>
>> For that motor, I buy NAPA 1050, which is a WIX part.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon