Re: [Amc-list] Low Oil Pressure when warm, 58 Rambler American

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Nick ALFANO wrote:

> Mains will not last as long once they have become too loose.
> If they are bad, the next sign you will have that they are bad
> is going to be a knocking noise and then lock up if the bearing
> spins.

And we all know what happens when bearings come out of bottom
ends -- catastrophic destruction. If it knocks, stop driving it
and rebuild it.  The other choice will be to find a new engine
(probably old, with all the same problems as yours), and the
are not common!