Re: [Amc-list] foam recycling

" From: hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx
"
" If you have packing peanuts, a store like Mail Boxes, Etc, may take them.

they do around here.

" In Germany I read that there is an enviromental law on the books that
" manufacturers have to take back their packaging. They do not want to,
" it sort of forces them to package more thoughtfully.

true, and i wish we had such a law.

overnight, big gaudy drugstore packaging - designed to grab shelf
space and elbow competing products off the shelves - vanished.  if you
take a german car apart you'll find every speck of plastic marked with
a recycling triangle.  the auto industry - and probably a lot of others
- in germany had to do quite a bit of redesign/reengineering to
replace the inherently nonrecyclable plastic alloys previously used.