From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Spark plugs - 7/16" reach versus 3/4"
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Will using spark plugs with a 3/4" reach in the 196 OHV cause problems with the valves or pistons? The spark plugs I picked up at the parts store are slightly longer than what's in the car. I went to return them, and was told they would not cause interference and should be fine. I'm not so sure (I'd rather not force myself into needing to rebuild the motor!).

So - will Champion RN14YC plugs work, or would I be setting myself up for some hurt?