Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder how or why the firewall on an American allows the
> 4.0L head with no sweat and the Hornet/Gremlin body does not?  >

I don't know what the American firewall looks like, but on the
Hornet the problem is simply that weird buildout for the wiper
motor. Without that, it would be tight, be clear. Note there's
no clearance problem rear-ward, just getting the !!#!#! blasted
cover on.

The cast aluminum it roomy and rectantular, that's the
problem. There's no HEAD problem, just a COVER problem.

It's just that, you have to put it all in the car to find out!
Pre-measuring it would require a sort of precision I wouldn't
trust.