Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232

I wonder how or why the firewall on an American allows the 4.0L head with no sweat and the Hornet/Gremlin body does not?
   Granted the American firewall is a tight fit, but once it's in it clears.
Alternatively I put forth the proposition that since the rear of the 87 up Aluminumuniamial valve cover is actualy tapered towards the center of the engine and smaller then the tin covers. Therheretofor and aft, the Late model 4.2L or perferably 91-99 4.0L head would be the "best" choice for swappage as it will probably fit better then the tin cover heads. Also his is a 71 and they had allready raised deck height on it to allow for the 258...so it all may be a moot or mute or invalid point...

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV