[Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won't star

[Amc-list] The '65 American 330 cranks - now to figure why it won't start

Thanks for all the info! I pulled all the plugs, cleaned them, cranked it, popped 'em back in. I then pulled the number one plug and held it against the valve cover and didn't get any spark. I then ran the wire from the coil to a plug, held it against the valve cover - no spark.

I had wanted to try starting it before doing a full tune-up just to hear it run - but you guys are right. That's the wrong way to do it. I'll replace the plugs, spark plug wires, points, condenser, rotor and distributer cap later in the week. I'm not sure if the coil is bad, or if it is just the coil wire - the wire looked kind of messed up.

I did not check the fuel pump yet. I'll try that in the morning - because if I can sort out the ignition- I want to make sure it's getting fuel as well.