Re: [Amc-list] 1965 American

" From: "Case Construction" <fngcase@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have a 1965 American that I bought without a motor and transmission.
" It was a standard shift car, so I have the pedal assembly.  I have a
" 1968 232 c.i. AMC motor from a 1968 Javelin that I want to install
" with a T-10 4 speed or a t-4 or T-5.  Can anyone tell me what bell
" housing I need to get to make this engine connect with any of these
" transmissions?  Also, any information on the shifted clutch linkages
" would be helpful.

i have the very rare 'mexican' bellhousing needed to hook an amc t10
to a pre-'72 six.  i don't know if i'm ready to part with it just
yet...  there is no bell i know of for an sr4/t4/t5 on these motors.

several of us think it's possible to make an adapter plate for the
stock '60s bell to take a '90s mustang 3.8 t5.  the business part
would end up being about 2/3" thick.  throwout bearing and clutch disk
would be stock late '70s amc t150 3sp parts; the pilot bushing might
work too.

did you get the t14 and driveshaft from the jav?  they'd slip into the
american with a '67-9 non-big-nut rear end, and at least you'd have a
full synchro tranny.