Re: [Amc-list] We have brakes!!!!

Frank - we did take exactly the opposite tack on my middle son's car. He saw a little two-seater convertible under a tree at a friend's house. He asked about it - and came home with the car. It's a Sebring 5000 - a kit car that looks like an Austin Healey. The engine was stuck, the car hadn't been started in 5 years or so, and was last on the road 10 years ago.

We pulled it home, got the engine unstuck (gotta love Marvel Mystery Oil!), replaced the alternator, the distributor, the battery, plugs, plug wires, tires, gas tank, sending unit and replaced the tires.

I put the project on hold as I was tapped on cash, the brakes needed rebuilt (it has Ford Mustang II suspension) and the transmission leaks (think it's the O-Ring by the speedometer cable on the TH350 transmission).

Anyway - on the Rambler I figured brakes first (as I needed to learn how to do drums, and still need to learn how to do disks for the other car), gas tank, minor tune-up, maintenance stuff - then when the engine works - we'll be ready to go.

I have to admit that today I didn't think about the Rambler, and my son and I worked on his car. A friend came over (he's really good with cars - built up a Monte Carlo SS and an El Camino, and did a lot of work on a Mitsubishi Eclipse). He fixed a gas leak and put a good tune on my son's car. (he's the guy that showed me how to do drum brakes on my Rambler).