Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake

Mark; you asked about a carb on a FI manifold. My 82
Spirit had (operative word) the smog choked 258 engine
with a serp belt. While I was busy desmogging it,
basically by pulling crap until it stopped running
then putting that part back on, I went ahead and did a
4.o head swap. I put the carb from a late 60s 318 on
the chryco intake and it runs real nice. Dist is from
a 258 elect with the Ford upgrade. And yes, all that
silly serpentine stuff is gone and I am back to a V
belt, the way mother AMC meant it to be. I am busy
purtying it up, as I just finished the job about a
week ago
Next stop will be the posi swap from my hornet then I
will get back to working on the American wagon....russ