Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake

Oops! I forgot to mention the 4.0L head swap too! (I was kind of under the weather yesterday)

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim, a 4.0L header will physically bolt up, but the center two ports are way out of line. you'll have to do some serious modifying of the flange and center tubes to get good flow. On the 258 the center two ports are siamesed, on the 4.0L they are 1/2" apart (1/2" between the tubes).

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:59:00 -0800
From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm about to play this game too. My '82 Spirit is getting a Renix 4.0L header along with the AW4, but I'm keeping the carb for the moment. I'll probably even do the Renix intake (with a carb adapter I just bought online) till I get a chance to do the EFI swap.