Re: [Amc-list] April Fools- Hotrod Article

Re: [Amc-list] April Fools- Hotrod Article

Got my issue yesterday. I don't understand the complaints either.
Clearly, the author/artist knew and loved AMCs; Ambassadors are
not exactly well-known outside the AMC world. Who the hell but
an AMC nut would get the "AMX/4" joke?

The Gremlin was very well rendered, and showed off it's
timelessness, in that it's the "root document" for a lot of
modern cars.

Not a single bad thing was said about AMC or it's products. They
hit all the pop high point cars. Only the Pacer got a mild
criticism, and in that context, where all the others were
basically loved, it's not unreasonable.

>    To be in a specifically directed group and to say that something as
> iconically off the beaten path as a Gremlin or Pacer is "kinda cool",
> is a brave statement amongst the general, and presumably fairly young,
> automotive public.

(Maybe it's less brave than we always thought? Time has
passed... it was very un-cool at one time, but now I think with
some historic perspective, even Ford vs.  Chevy people begin
to appreciate the good things that a tiny little oddball car
company did.)

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being
talked about.”

-- OSCAR WILDE