Re: [Amc-list] Turn Signals 63 American

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Glen Hoag wrote:

> LOL!  I don't have a '63 American TSM, so I went with what I have...
> '62 American had no fuse panel; flasher connection looks like it
> comes out of the wiring harness near the headlamp switch.  If '63
> American is the same, look for two blue wires terminating in a
> plug.  The thing plugged into it is the flasher.

Yeah, the old American really is a Nashcan, which pleases
me greatly.  It's got the brutal simplicity of 1940's
cars which I really like, but AMC's (Nash-inherited) parts
compatiblity, partly, and modern brakes (dual circuit), seat
belts, etc. The motor I really like now, it's torquey as hell
and a good match for the car. I'm 6'4"; this car is small,
but not too small; close quarters, but not cramped. Back seat
beats AMCs modern small cars (that racy roofline costs you :-)
Even with the worn-out seats it's quite comfortable on hour
long drives. Quality all over.