Re: [Amc-list] Turn Signals 63 American

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Joe Smith wrote:

> Both tail lights come on and flash like an emergency when I flip the turn signal either way, and have for the 5 or 6 weeks that I own this car.  But now I have an ignorant question, I haven't spent much time under the dash, but I have been looking for the "flasher".  In other old cars, it was a round aluminum thingy that was very easy to find and replace.  I don't see one in this car, and I seem to keep over looking in it in my TSM.  Where is it?

The flasher is a little rectangular aluminum can with a black
phenolic top, with two fastons. It's mounted to the firewall,
near the kick panel, with a spring steel clip.

It looks exactly like a common type of auto circuit breaker
(and in fact works exactly the same way).

That does sound like a bad switch. It may not be easily
repairable, but the spare I bought on ePay looks very much
like the 63 Classic part, if so, it's fairly common, but dont'
take my unverified word for that, I haven't done it!

See my next post re: steering wheel puller for that car.