[Amc-list] Paint Qs again & Station-wagon chrome?

[Amc-list] Paint Qs again & Station-wagon chrome?

Okay, let me clarify....

MY NEFARIOUS PLAN:
Except for a few pieces of chrome edging, I have the car stripped of
parts.  While in this state, I want to repaint the door jambs, engine
compartment and what not.  After that is done, I am going to load it
on my trailer and take it to a paint shop and let them do the exterior.

TYPE OF PAINT:
When I said Acrylic Enamel, I meant to have said Acrylic Urethane Enamel.

I want to use an acrylic urethane enamel because it is the most
durable.  The part I am going to paint could really be done on almost
any paint but I need to use a paint that will 'play well' with the
acrylic urethane that will be painted on the outside of the car.

PAINT COLOR:
I want to paint the car in it's original color (Dark Raja Burgundy
(P41A), non-metallic).

SINGLE vs TWO-STAGE:
I want to use a single stage paint because-

         1) I want to be able to touch up small spots without having
to strip and re-paint entire panels.
         2) Every 2-stage vehicle I own now has zillions of small
damage spots to the clear coat and they look like crap close up (refer to #1).

As I see it, sure the clear coat may give a bit more UV protection
but, what's the point when the clear/paint gets damaged ALOT sooner
from small rocks and cat-scratches?  THEN you can't easily repair...

The car is kept in a garage so I'm not sweating UV so much...

Q1) Thoughts?

Q2) What I REALLY want to know is- Can anyone give me suggestions as
to which paint/primer brand they like and why?

Q3) Also, How do you remove (without damage)-
         1) The chrome strips on the roof between the luggage rack rails?
         2) Drip-edge trim?