Re: [Amc-list] fluid disposalZ

> I have to say though that i also heard that the proper way to dispose of used antifreeze is also by putting into a municipal sewer system, ie. down the?drain versus in the dirt or road. didn't make sense to me but now that one you also said it, then I guess there must be something to it. i will chekc it out again when the next time comes.

It might be that states that advise that are avoiding saying,
"we have no way to properly dispose of these chemicals".

Antifreeze is nasty stuff, very toxic, it's chemically similar to
some organic stuff so bodies take it in and it ruins livers etc.

Old gas, if not recycling, at least clean burning turns it to
mostly carbon and water, far better than poisonous long-chain
hydrocarbons floating around.

I'm far from perfect too, I use solvents to clean and most
of that gets evaporated, but I reuse old solvents sa much
as possible, and try to do pretty much everything with purple
degreaser, which once you work out how is pretty great stuff. (A
"mud tub", scrub brushes...) Still there's dissolved grease etc
in it ... I suppose it could be evaporated and put in the trash,
better than running it down the street, but what can you do...